Welcome to Bamboo & Cane Development Institute (BCDI)
Bamboo & Cane Development Institute (BCDI) was set up in 1974 at Agartala by Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India with an objective to provide strong forward and backward linkages for the producers of Cane and Bamboo of North East Region.
A new building has been set up to activate the working of BCDI in a sprawling area of six acres of land at a very prime location in Agartala. National Centre for Design & Product Development (NCDPD) has been entrusted with the responsibility of running and management of BCDI by O/o. Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) with an objective to professionalize the efforts in an effective manner.
Events & Programmes
- CEO & Project Director, Tripura JICA Project visited BCDI…. Read More..
- Director Programmes INBAR visited BCDI…. Read More..
- MD, KSTDC Bengaluru visited BCDI…. Read More..
- HOME EXPO 2013…. Read More..
- Exposure visit of Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, Mumbai and some NGO representative from Gujarat, Maharashtra and Manipur…. Read More..
- Exposure visit of Artisans from Bhutan…. Read More..
- Training on Advanced value addition skills and techniques for bamboo handicrafts/jewelleries organized by Centre for Forest Based Livelihoods and Extension…. Read More..
- 2nd Mizoram Bamboo Day…. Read More..
- Exposure visit of Forest Ranger, AP Forest Academy, Hyderabad…. Read More..
- MoU signed between USTM and BCDI…. Read More..
- North East Career and Skills Expo– 2012…. Read More..
- Seminar cum Exhibition on Creation of Awareness for Innovation, Design & Technology In The Cane & Bamboo Sector at NEDFi, Guwahati…. Read More..
- PCCF, Forest Department, Govt of Punjab and MD, TFDPC, Govt of Tripura visited BCDI…. Read More..
- Exposure Visit of IFS officers…. Read More..
- Director General, NIESBUB visited BCDI…. Read More..